Assistant Director Environmental Services
Directs and oversees operational needs of the EVS Department. Coordinates the tasks of the subordinate supervisory staff. Assures that staff is trained in accordance with The Joint Commission guidelines. Schedules staff to meet the needs of the facility doing so in line with budgetary constraints. In the absence of the Unit Director acts as the administrative liaison between key client contacts and the department
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establish and annually review standards and work procedures for all EVS staff in accordance with established policies and practices of the facility.
- Plan work schedules, hours, areas of work and job duties to ensure adequate EVS services are rendered to all areas.
Interview, select, hire, evaluate and recommend termination of facility EVS personnel in accordance with facility standards.
Orientate, train (develop) and supervise of all supervisory/EVS staff under span of control.
- Regularly inspect and evaluate physical condition of facility; recommend painting, repairs and furnishings.
- Provide monthly administrative progress reports relative to short-term accomplishments, future short-term plans and staff education/training.
- Supervise the relocation and storage of all furnishings and equipment as well as the relocation of space to improve the sanitation and appearance of the facility.
- Report unsafe conditions and conduct research to improve EVS technology.
- Conduct regular staff meetings and communicate with members of other departments to coordinate EVS activities. May serve on facility-wide committee.
- Schedule major project work, assuring that adequate staff and supplies are available to perform said tasks.
- Conduct regular inventory of EVS supplies and order same, keeping costs in line with approved budgetary amounts.
Maintain and support facility goals and objectives as they relate to third party patient survey process.
- Coordinate all outside services relative to the EVS department (i.e. Pest Control, Window Cleaning, Medical Waste, Solid Waste, Document Destruction and Recycling program.
- Discipline associates when necessary according to progressive disciplinary guidelines.
- Prepare associate disciplinary and variance reports and conduct follow-up investigation as needed, reporting findings to the Department Director. Prepare disciplinary action notices and conduct follow-up as required.
- Maintain an environment that is in sanitary, attractive and orderly condition.
- Demonstrate and promote Xanitos’ culture, values, and management philosophy.
- Demonstrate quality leadership in meeting performance plans.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to communicate effectively in written format and oral presentations
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities
- Ability to maintain organization in a changing environment
- Exhibit initiative, responsibility, flexibility and leadership
- Possess a thorough knowledge of contract administration and office procedures
- Ability to use working knowledge of working environment to meet established goals and objectives
- Demonstrated progressive growth in the field of health care EVS facility maintenance.
- Four year college degree or equivalent work experience
- High school diploma or equivalent. Two to four years supervisory experience in EVS or service-related field with high customer/client contact required
Proficient in the use of Windows based office software including but not limited to Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook