Director Environmental Services
The incumbent’s primary job responsibility will be the management of an assigned Hospital Environmental Services Department or multiple small hospital departments, and the Department Managers assigned to each hospital department. Specific responsibilities include work scheduling of all department personnel, establishing work standards, conducting site evaluations/audits, overall inventory/equipment usage, budget control, employee performance appraisals, troubleshooting/problem solving, orientation/training of Department Supervisors and support personnel, customer relations, and special project work as requested. This individual will also ensure that all managed services are being provided in a proper and cost-effective manner.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES - ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Control expenses within area of responsibility.
- Develop and recommend Department Operating Budget and ensure the department operates within the budget.
- Evaluate and justify supplies, equipment and purchases as needed.
- Maintain records and statistics for administrative and regulatory purposes.
- Plan, organize, direct, coordinate, and supervise functions and activities of the department.
- Establish work standards and work flow.
- Establish and maintain effective lines of communication with the client and Hospital personnel to ascertain that their needs and requirements as related to the Hospital Management Contract are being satisfied.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory agencies.
- Maintain an environment that is in sanitary, attractive, and orderly condition.
- Ensure that environmental procedures are being followed.
- Demonstrate and promote Xanitos’ culture, values, and management philosophy.
- Proactive in the achievement of the Hospital goals and objectives.
- Demonstrate quality leadership in meeting performance plans.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS FOR CONSIDERATION:
Bachelor’s degree OR related experience AND three to five years of supervisory experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial and other data.
- Demonstrated proficiency with general business acumen.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong service/quality attitude.
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and achieve effective time management.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet established goals and objectives.
- Strong public speaking skills.
- Sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines; self-directed.
PHYSICAL FUNCTIONS REQUIRED:
Ability to walk or stand for prolonged periods. Requires bending, stooping, reaching up and lifting up to 50 pounds. Possible exposure to chemicals requiring special clothing or safety equipment.
Proficient in the use of Windows based office software including but not limited to Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.