Project Manager Environmental Services
The primary job responsibility is to assist in the management of an assigned hospital Environmental Services Department under the direction and guidance of the Environmental Services Department Director. Specific responsibilities include work scheduling of all department personnel, establishing and enforcing work standards in conjunction with the Department Director, monitoring overall inventory/equipment usage, troubleshooting/problem solving, orientation/training of Department Staff, customer relations, and special project work as requested. The purpose of this role is to prepare the incumbent to assume the operational duties of a department through hands-on training and managerial experience under the direction of an experienced Department Director.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES - ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Participate in staff selection process. Interview candidates as needed.
- Schedule days off, holidays and vacations, ensuring that the account’s needs are met in accordance with hours and position control.
- Assign personnel to established work areas or project duties.
- Conducts quality assurance checks and manages materials inventory as well as general use of equipment.
- Ensure that staff receives proper orientation, initial training, and ongoing education.
- Provide individual guidance and motivation to staff to enable each one to perform to his/her fullest potential.
- Discipline associates when necessary according to progressive disciplinary guidelines.
- Prepare associate disciplinary and variance reports and conduct follow-up investigation as needed, reporting findings to the Department Director.
- Prepare disciplinary action notices and conduct follow-up as required. Conduct disciplinary meetings with associates with guidance from the Department Director.
- Maintain an environment that is in sanitary, attractive and orderly condition.
- Demonstrate and promote the company’s culture, values, and management philosophy.
- Demonstrate quality leadership in meeting performance plans.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS FOR CONSIDERATION:
- High School diploma required. College degree or equivalent work experience preferred. Must have one to three years of supervisory experience in a service-related field with high customer/client contact.
- Strong service/quality attitude.
- Ability to plan, organize prioritize, and achieve effective time management.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet established goals and objectives.
- Strong public speaking skills.
- Sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines; self-directed.
- Ability to walk or stand for prolonged periods. Requires bending, stooping, reaching up and lifting up to 50 pounds. Possible exposure to chemicals requiring special clothing or safety equipment.
- Proficient in the use of Windows based office software including but not limited to Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.